The members of the Board (and who they represent) are:
- Professor Gavin Becker (Royal Melbourne Hospital)
- A/Professor Elaine Beller (Cochrane Kidney and Transplant Deputy Co-ordinating Editor - ex officio)
- Professor Jonathan Craig (Cochrane Kidney and Transplant Co-ordinating Editor - ex officio)
- Dr Magid Fahim
- Dr Celine Foote
- Professor Sally Green (Cochrane Australia)
- Dr Elisabeth Hodson (Department of Nephrology and the Centre for Kidney Research, The Children's Hospital at Westmead)
- Dr Michael Brydon (Chief Executive, The Sydney Children's Hospitals Network (Randwick & Westmead)
- Dr Matthew Roberts (Australian and New Zealand Society of Nephrology)
- Dr Fiona Russell (Cochrane Kidney and Transplant Managing Editor - ex officio)
- Mikaela Stafrace (Chief Executive Officer, Kidney Health Australia)
- Professor Giovanni Strippoli (Cochrane Kidney and Transplant Deputy Co-ordinating Editor - ex officio)
In April 2001 Cochrane Kidney and Transplant established an Advisory Board representing our major stakeholders. The Board meets twice a year, with the minutes and dates of meetings available by contacting the Managing Editor.
Advisory Board Terms of Reference
- Strategic planning. The Board will undertake policy development for the Group and where necessary set priorities. It will define the scope and boundaries of the work of the Group and will consider the points at which its work overlaps or interfaces with the work of others.
- Recruitment strategies. The Board will identify ways and means of recruiting and retaining members, reviewers and end users. It will oversee the provision of appropriate and effective training for these individuals.
- Resource planning. The Board will consider the annual budget of the Group and it will keep the business plan under regular review. It will advise on relationships with the Group’s financial supporters - government, non-government organisations and industry.
- Oversight. The Board will provide ongoing oversight of editorial roles and responsibilities and other Group activities.
- Promotion and dissemination. The Board will consider ways and means of promoting the work of the Group and disseminating its outputs to end -users.
- Advocacy. Board members will report back to stakeholder organisations and communities on the activities of the Group. Board members will act as advocates of the interest of the organisations they represent as the work of the Group continues and may also act as advocates for the Group when they report back to stakeholder organisations and communities.